Wayne State University is once again accepting applications for its Detroit Revitalization Fellows
The fellowship places talented, "mid-career" individuals for two-year full-time jobs in organizations or companies "working at the forefront of Detroit’s revitalization efforts." Previous placements have been at foundations like Hudson-Webber, companies like Rock Venture, and nonprofits like Jefferson East, Inc.
Prior fellows have been impressively diverse in race, gender, and origin. And many who come from outside Detroit end up staying after the fellowship ends.
"Being a Detroit Revitalization Fellow is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play a role in the transformation of a great American city," said Asandi Conner, director of Detroit Revitalization Fellows, in a press release. "These are meaningful positions for emerging leaders ready to drive progress while building a strong network, learning firsthand about urban challenges and opportunities, and working side-by-side with Detroiters who are deeply invested in our city's future."
Other facts about the fellowship:
The application period runs from January 23 through February 10. To apply or learn more, visit detroitfellows.wayne.edu
- 67 fellows have completed the program since it began in 2011
- More than 650 applications were received for the 2015-2017 program
- Approximately 20 fellows will be selected this round
. WSU is also holding a series of informational sessions to aid the prospective applicants. Here are the dates, times, and locations:
- Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 6 p.m. at the Arab American National Museum (13624 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, MI 48126);
- Wednesday, Jan. 18 at 6 p.m. at the Matrix Center (13560 E. McNichols, Detroit, MI 48205);
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 6 p.m. at Marygrove College, Madame Cadillac Building, Main Dining Hall (8425 W. McNichols Rd. Detroit, MI 48221)
- Wednesday, Jan. 25 at 9 a.m. at TechTown (440 Burroughs St., Detroit, MI 48202);
- Tuesday, Jan. 31 at noon (Virtual, visit detroitfellows.wayne.edu to register);
- Thursday, Feb. 2 at 6 p.m. at Detroit Cristo Rey High School (5679 Vernor Hwy., Detroit, MI 48209).