Sign up for the Speaker Series this Thursday: Detroit in the media
The media is all over Detroit, but is the whole message getting out? And while the old guard is taking notice, does new media matter more in getting the right messages out there?
For the next Model D Speaker Series, Nov. 12, we're bringing in local writers, bloggers, journalists and media types to talk about the Detroit story.
The panel will include:
- Darrell Dawsey, blogger for TIME magazine's "Assignment Detroit" project
- Oneita Jackson, writer of the O Street blog for the Detroit Free Press
- Jim Griffioen, a Detroit resident and photographer/writer for his Sweet Juniper! blog
- Toby Barlow, Detroiter, ad man, novelist, and columnist for the New York Times and Huffington Post
- Marge Sorge, executive director of the Detroit Regional News Hub
- And moderator Jim Boyle, Detroitophile, writer, and vice president of integrated marketing with Detroit firm Lovio George.
The event starts at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 12 at the Majestic Theater
in Midtown. The hour-long program starts at 6 p.m. It is free, but you
must sign up in advance. After the panel, a party to kick off Model D's redesign will follow in the newly remodeled Majestic Cafe.
Sign up below to be part of the conversation. Send questions here
The monthly Model D Speaker Series is sponsored by the Michigan State Housing Development Authority
, Henry Ford Health Systems, Wayne State University
and the Detroit Medical Center.