Model D Speaker Series is this week — from 8 a.m.-10 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 14, at the Detroit Yacht Club
on Belle Isle. The topic is retail opportunities in the city.
The event is free, but you must reserve a seat. Click here to RSVP.
Networking starts at 8 a.m., and the speakers start at 8:30 a.m.
Speakers will include John Talmage of D.C.-based researchers, Social Compact. The organization has completed an analysis of several Detroit neighborhoods
that shows a healthier, more vital picture than does the U.S. Census. Read about it here.
A panel of Detroit retailers will follow his presentation. The panel includes:
- Rufus Bartell of Simply Casual;
- Claire Nelson of Bureau of Urban Living;
- Joe Posch of Mezzanine;
- Tammy Alfaro-Koehler of Honeybee Market/LaColmena;
- Liz Blondy of Canine to Five;
- Jackie Victor of Avalon Breads;
- Olga Savic of the Detroit Economic Growth Corp.
(Hear Talmage give a preview of his talk on WDET's Detroit Today
radio program Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. at 101.9 FM)
Bureau of Urban Living Photograph Copyright Dave Krieger